There is no question: it is difficult to find stylish, sustainable, functional clothing. In Boston, we're lucky to be home to conscious clothing resources like Ash & Rose, Aeon Row, Vetta, and Brass. And, our latest conscious style obsession, ZANNI, also has Boston roots!
ZANNI was launched in summer 2017 by Suzanne Lewis, who co-founded our sister blog JUGS. She first had the idea for ZANNI a few years ago while biking around Nantucket. If you've been to the island, you know that the easiest (and greenest!) way to get around is by bike, but it's hard to find an outfit that can work for a multi-mile bike ride to a chic cocktail party. After searching high and low, Suz decided she needed to make something completely new, so moved to LA to start researching US clothing manufacturers and test out fabrics.
Suz wanted to make dresses that did three things:
1. Were comfortable enough to move and even sweat in
2. Looked cute and appropriate in a variety of settings
3. Fit into a capsule wardrobe
HOW ZANNI IS GREEN
- The dresses are UV resistant, reducing your need for toxic sunscreens.
- The dresses are made in the USA which reduces emissions associated with international shipping.
- The fabrics are sourced from ethical and fairly paid makers in Italy.
- The dresses, because of their color, material, and timeless silhouettes work with a capsule wardrobe.
- ZANNI is committed to being a socially and environmentally responsible company.