Early summer is the perfect time to grab your friends and get a little R+R. Plus, your skin could undoubtedly use a little refresh after surviving the crazy spring weather. Our pick for a eco-savvy summer refresh? Stowe Mountain Lodge.
Meet Stowe Mountain Lodge
7412 Mountain Rd
Stowe, VT 05672
Stowe is a pretty 3.5 hour drive from Boston making it far enough to feel like a real vacation, but close enough to be an easy weekend trip; no airport stress or days off required! And while we usually think of Stowe as a skiier's paradise, the town is simply charming and still a-buzz in the summer. There are plenty of nearby breweries to visit and hiking to do, but first things first: relax.
A SPA WITH THE EARTH IN MIND
The spa at the Stowe Mountain Lodge offers a full range of services from custom massages, reiki, and specialized facials to some unique Vermont specialties like a hair treatment featuring locally made beer (seriously, Brewer’s yeast contains the B vitamin, Biotin, which increases hair growth!) and a Stowe Cider skin exfoliation. Ummm, yum!
The services and the spa itself were designed for health and environmental sustainability:
- The spa operates according to the Green Spa Network Standards
- The spa features carpet made from recycled materials
- They focus on local ingredients - massage oils are locally blended at Elmore Mountain Farms
- Spa towels are from Nandina Organics, and when towels are too worn for spa use, they are donated to people in need.
- Spa service and retail products are nontoxic - one of the brands even gives a percentage of proceeds to charity!
AND NON-SPA ACTIVITIES TOO
After a fully relaxing experience at the spa, don't forget to enjoy all of the other (sustainable) activities Stowe has to offer. On our list include ziplining, hiking Mt. Mansfield, paddleboarding.... there's almost too much to do! Oh, and mini vacation is complete without trying the local cuisine - at the lodge or in town!