Parmesan Brussels Crustini
image & recipe courtesy of www.howsweeteats.com
TIME: 30 MINUTES IF GARLIC IS ALREADY ROASTED
4 bulbs roasted garlic
1 large baguette
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound brussels sprouts, sliced or shredded
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
pinch of nutmeg
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
shaved parmesan cheese for topping
1. If needed, you can roast garlic ahead of time! A day or two is fine. After roasted, let the garlic cool then squeeze the cloves out, making sure to remove any of the paper. Use a fork and mash the garlic well until it is creamy and spreadable.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice baguette into 1/2-inch rounds and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake for 8-12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
3. While the bread is toasting, heat a large skillet oven medium heat. Add remaining olive oil, then toss in brussels sprouts, salt, pepper and nutmeg, tossing well to coat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm, wilted, slightly crispy and even a little golden. Stir in grated parmesan cheese, mixing well to coat and turn off heat.
4. Spread a bit of mashed roasted garlic onto each piece of crostini. To serve, top crostini with a spoonful of sprouts, then add a shaving of fresh parmesan cheese and some cracked black pepper.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
image & recipe courtesy of blogs.kqed.org/bayareabites
1 pound of Brussels sprouts
1/8 cup pine nuts, finely diced
1. Trim and peel away the outer leaves of each Brussels sprout and then half them.
2. Slide the Brussels sprout halves onto the skewers, about six to eight halves per skewer.
3. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and places the skewers halved-side up.
4. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over each skewer, trying to “fill up” the Brussels sprouts.
5. Bake the skewers at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes until they are cooked and crispy.
6. Plate the skewers on a serving tray and cover them with shaved Parmesan and the pine nuts.
Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts
image & recipe courtesy of whatsgabycooking.com
2 lb Brussel Sprouts
4 tbsp olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced and zested
3 tbsp gruyere, grated
1. Clean the brussels sprouts by trimming off the ends and peeling the outer layer of the sprout off. Cut each one in half.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Once heated, add the halved brussel sprouts to the pan and saute for about 7-8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized brown and the inside is soft and fully cooked.
4. Add the garlic half way through the cooking.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
6. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add the cheese on top and serve.