A GREEN HOTEL NEXT TO LAWN ON D
So many new buildings have gone up in Boston's Seaport District over the past five years that it is difficult to keep track. There are countless new restaurants, office buildings, luxury condos, and hotels. The area's development has been critiqued by climate scientists, noting the risks of building so much in an area vulnerable to sea level rise.
But, one particular new-to-Boston hotel is proving that it is possible to have an environmentally-friendly business in the Seaport! Element Hotel, located conveniently next to the Boston Convention Center and Lawn on D, is part of the Starwood Hotel family (Sheraton, Westin, W, Aloft...etc.)
WHAT MAKES IT GREEN?
- In addition to the standard hotel opt-out laundry programs, Element also greens their bathrooms with an efficient faucet and showerhead, nontoxic soaps and lotions, and bulk shampoo/conditioner/bodywash dispensers that reduce waste associated with travel size products.
- Each room features a kitchenette with Energy Star rated dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator. Dishes allow residents to cook for themselves rather than ordering expensive, unhealthy, and wasteful takeout food.
- Rooms are cleaned with nontoxic products and waste is properly sorted through an extensive recycling program.
- The hotel is a two-minute walk from a bus station, making it easy to take public transit anywhere in the city. Hotel bikes are also available to borrow and electric vehicle charging stations can be found on-site.
- All Element hotels are in the process of LEED certification.
WHAT MAKES IT WORTH A STAY?
Ok, you chose this hotel because it is environmentally preferable, but that doesn't mean you need to give up luxury! While at Element Seaport, make sure to enjoy:
- Beautiful outdoor space between the indoor pool area and lobby area.
- Full on-site fitness center
- The signature Westin "heavenly bed."
- Happy hours nightly as part of Element's "Relax Evening Reception"
- Free breakfast (their breakfast sandwiches were on point!)
- Wifi throughout
- Open conference rooms and work stations
- Convenient location across from Lawn on D and Aloft hotel
Next time you have friends or family in town, make sure to suggest Element. And of course, when you're on the road and looking for a sustainable hotel option, see if Element has a location in the area. Choosing Element over other hotels is a great way to show execs that sustainability matters.